On Saturday January 13th, this year’s Children’s Day, parents and children are invited to gain creative experience at 9 spots in KKU where children can play, have fun, and learn. Those spots include Natural History Museum, Art and Culture Museum, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Education, Cheewasilp House, etc. This year’s slogan is “Think wisely, be updated, innovate technology (รู้คิด รู้เท่าทัน สร้างสรรค์เทคโนโลยี).” Are you ready? Let’s go!!
1. Natural History Museum: there are fun activities throughout the day such as the biggest cram and muscle exhibition in the Northeast, world of microorganism and dinosaur, and displaying tanks for children to drive. It is located near Sithan pond on the west. For more information please visit http://rspg.kku.ac.th, Facebook: พิพิธภัณฑ์ธรรมชาติวิทยา มข., or 043202155.
2. Phrasri Hasippi Mor Khor: near Natural History Museum is where children can appreciate Isan culture through a wooden craft Buddhist statue, a cultural creation reflecting Isan’s belief. Children can worship Luang Phor Phrasri statue, a wooden statue in Maanwichai post, a holy items situated in Putthasilp Building.
3. Young Artist Exhibition at Art and Culture Museum: let the children sharpen their artist skills at the 34th contemporary art exhibition where there are art works being nationally awarded at Art and Culture Museum from now to January 31st, 10.00-19.00 every day with no charge. For more information, call 043-332760/332305 during office time.
4. A zoo of Faculty of Agriculture: deers, goats, cows, and other adorable animals are waiting for the kids to come take photos and feed them at Faculty of Agriculture, at the back of Agriculture Technology Park, KKU. No. 1-4 are near one another. If it is not too hot, you can ride a yellow bike provided free of charge. Let this Children’s Day warm up your family. The following spots can be reached by a red line bus. Let’s explore!!
5. Faculty of Medicine: this year the faculty gives an opportunity for children to be a little doctor and do many activities to receive awards free of charge 8.00 – 12.00 at the central platform, Faculty of Medicine library. For more information, please visit http://www.md.kku.ac.th or call 043-343452-3.
6. Faculty of Education: the faculty arranges fun activities such as an advanced math games, military munitions show, and gift giving from 8.00 at Buakaew space and a parking lot of Faculty of Education. For more information, please visit http://ednet.kku.ac.th or call 043-202406, 043-343452-3.
7. Cheewasilp House: the house let children join activity stations where they can play games and there are special performance from staff. Kids can come and get some gifts 8.00 – 13.00 at Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts. For more information, please visit Facebook: บ้านชีวาศิลป์ มหาวิทยาลัยขอนแก่น, or call 081 7941405, 080 1999559, and 081 9644157.
8. KKU Library: KKU library welcomes bookworms to the world of learning and let the parents and children to enter various zones of the library to enjoy reading 9.00-20.00. It is opposite Complex KKU. For more information, please visit http://www.library.kku.ac.th or call 0432925413.
9. Jazz Music Festival: The first and biggest jazz music festival in Isan. There are DIY shirt painting, clay pottery, and world Jazz artists stickers for sale. In addition, there is a free Khon Kaen Jazz Festival 2018 held on January 12-13th, 17.00-23.00 at Sithan Pond near Golden Jubilee Hall. For more information, please visit Facebook: Khon Kaen Jazz Festival, http://www.facebook.com/kkjazzfest/.
At all 9 spots, kid will gain knowledge, arts, music, and creativity as the slogan “Think wisely, be updated, innovate technology”. See you there kids!!
News: Jiraporn Pratomchai