Thursday January 6, 2021 at 15:00 p.m. – Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, M.D., President of Khon Kaen University presided over the 1st Meeting of Khon Kaen University Administrators of 2020 onsite at Sirikunakorn Room 5, 6th Floor, Sirikunakorn Building and online by Zoom.
Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, M.D. revealed after the meeting about the following agenda at the meeting:
First Agendum: The measures to assist students during the second semester including reimbursement of students’ tuition on the basis of percentage, scholarship allocation, provision of sim cards, provision of notebooks, job offering, giving lunch coupons, all of which will be taken into consideration next Monday for finalizing, and the results will be announced soon.
Second Agendum: Discussion of the opening of programs and the enrollment target of Khon Kaen University in the academic years 2022-2026. The following 7 policies have been proposed to the University Council for approval:
- There will be no more bachelor’s degree level programs except the program that is demanded by the country (as per the 12 new S-curve and the global mega trends) or the program initiated from Khon Kaen University’s policy.
- The instruction method at the undergraduate level, both the former and new programs will be based on the new Learning Paradigm, with emphases on the 21st Century Skills, Global Perspective & Capability of students according to the Education Transformation strategy of the University.
- Adding graduate programs and increasing the number of students, especially the doctorate level that emphasizes research and answers the University’s goal in becoming a Global and Frontier Research University.
- Promoting the opening of international programs at all levels.
- The undergraduate programs will emphasize students’ qualities more than increasing the quantity, which should only be based on the set plan of each program.
- The undergraduate programs should now aim at over 80% employment rate of the graduates.
- The programs with less than 60% of targeted enrollment capacity, or the programs not in demand by the market, or the programs not responding to the national strategy should be revised, integrated, or cancelled.
The meeting went on to discuss what to be performed to be in accordance with the policies approved by the University Council.
Third Agendum: Discussion of the preparation of the University Administrative Committee. The item to propose is the result of the meeting of the University and the Administrative Committee in Nakhon Ratchasima in mid-December last year.
The last agendum was the preparation for the proposal of the roles and duties of the Graduate School in the future.