1st Semester: June – September
2nd Semester: October – March
Khon Kaen University (KKU) offers three areas of studies to international students: non-degree, undergraduate, and graduate. The non-degree programs include short-course training, continuing education courses, workshops, and other activities related to research or to Khon Kaen University’s activities. International students who are interested in registering for a regular course at Khon Kaen University but do not intend to earn a degree, may also apply for a non-degree tract. The application process and acceptance to a non-degree tract depends on the faculty, institution, or organization which is responsible for the particular non-degree course.
An international student who is interested in applying for an undergraduate degree should contact the KKU Academic Service Unit to obtain application information and the application form, and submit the completed application to the Academic Service Unit. Acceptance to the undergraduate program depends on the committee of the faculty to which the program belongs.
An international student who is interested in applying to Khon Kaen University for a graduate degree program should contact the KKU Graduate School to obtain application information and the application form, and submit the completed application to the KKU Graduate School. The acceptance depends on the KKU Graduate School Committee with consent from the faculty/department to which the program belongs.
Admissions of new students
As part of the admission process to attract freshmen students to further their studies in KKU undergraduate courses each year KKU receives approximately 9,000 undergraduate students (Bachelor’s degree) through two channels;
1. Through the central system implemented by the Office of Higher Education Commission (OHEC)'s admission process.
2. Direct admission to be conducted by the KKU itself.
2.1 Through the normal Quota System for those students in the Northeastern region.
2.2 Through special admission for those students who are especially knowledgeable and capable in various fields.
2.3 Admission through special programs or international courses.
Normal admission under the Quota System for students in the Northeastern Region
KKU has implemented a process to receive new students who are studying or going to finish the Mathayomsueksa Grade 6 and for those who are studying in school for vocational certificates ( Diploma degree), 3rd year vocational students in 20 provinces of the Northeastern region, as well as who are those government service officials under the government and state enterprises’ hospitals to further study at the Associated Medical Sciences Faculty, KKU ( Associated medical science officers) . These people are also to be recruited for the study there by the KKU entrance examination.
This is direct admission is in response to the KKU policy in decentralization of educational opportunities to bring more students in the Northeastern region to further study at the higher education institution.
KKU also offers opportunities for those students who are as the residents of the Northern region’s 17 provinces admission processed through Chiang Mai University, and the Southern region’s 14 provinces through Prince of Songkla University for further higher studies at the KKU. This is to help develop their professional skills and academic performances in the regional provinces.
The KKU calendar of application process for direct admission, are as follows:
Day/ month / year
June 28 to August 9: Mobile consultations on guidelines to publicize the admission process.
August 10 to 24: Application for course examinations through the University website.
November 3 to 5: Entrance examination of Khon Kaen University.
November 21: Examination results announced.
November 22 to 30; Selected students are to rank their Faculty/ Department through website.
December 17: Students eligible for further interviews announced.
December 22 to 23: Interviews, physical and x-ray examination
January 21: Results of interviews announced.
March 11 to 17: Selected students to confirm the result through Clearinghouse website of The Association of University Presidents of Thailand (AUPT)
March 25: Final list announced of those to further study in the KKU through the Clearinghouse website confirmation.
March 26 to 31: Admitted students report to KKU
For more information and inquiry, please contact KKU Admission Affairs Group, The Office of Academic Management and Development, KKU, the first floor of Bimala Kalakicha Building. Telephone / Fax: 0-4320-2660
Special Admissions as follows:
Faculty of the Associated Medicinal Sciences.
It opens for the fields of Associated Medical Science, Technology and Physical Therapy:
1. The program to receive those students with good grade points performance nationwide.
2. The program to select students to study in KKU as a special case. (Students with good grade points in the southern three provinces of Pattani, Yala and Narathiwas). The application form is available until February 25. For more information, please contact: the Academic Affairs Group of the Faculty of Associated Medical Science, Tel 043-347482 http://ams.kku.ac.th.
Faculty of Sciences
1. The Development and Promotion of Science and Technology Talents Project (DPST) opens for application process from August 1 - September 2.
2. To receive those talented students to study in the Faculty of Sciences, the application form will be available from September 13 - October 15.
3. The development program for scientific manpower. This application form will be available from August 1 – October 7.
4. The program for those who are the most outstanding students with abilities in computers, and information technology, the application form will be available in April.
5 The National Science Week program, of which the application form will be available from September 12 - October 14.
For those who are interested in the Faculty of Science Project 1-3, please contact the Faculty or Tel. 043-202372 ext. 115, 159 or 084-6001149 www.champa.kku.ac.th., and for the Faculty of Science Project 4-5, please contact The Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science, Tel. 043-362188-9 ext. 101-103.
Faculty of Agriculture
1. To recruit students to study in the Faculty of Agriculture, opening for students who receive funds/ scholarships from the local administration organizations. This application form will be available within April 20.
2. The program for those who have the good grade points from throughout the country. The application form will be available from April 20.
Please contact for more information at the Faculty of Agriculture, Tel. 043-202360 http://ag.kku.ac.th.
The Faculty of Technology opens the application process for students to study in the field of Biotechnology, Geological technology, Food Technology and Production Technology through the Project for Good Grade point students. This application form will be available in January and May.
For more details, please contact the Academic Division, Faculty of Technology, Tel. 043-202403 http://www.technology.kku.ac.th.
The Faculty of Architecture opens the Chang Puak (White elephant) Program; the application form will be available from October 17 – December 15. Please contact: The Faculty of Architecture Tel. 043-32046
Faculty of Nursing opens the application process for the Program for ‘Graduates getting back to Communities’, this application form will be available from April 18-25. For more information, please contact the Academic Administration Affairs, Faculty of Nursing Tel.043-202561, 089-8411769 http://nu.kku.ac.th/nuว
Faculty of Education opens for the Project for Excellent for athletes to study in Physical Education. This application form will be available from April 1-27. Please contact for more information at: the Office of Academics, Faculty of Education Tel. 043-202854, 043-343452-3 ext. 315 http://ednet.kku.ac.th.
Nongkhai Campus opens for the Project to expand educational opportunities to students residing in seven provinces of the Northeast, are such as Sakol Nakhon, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Nong Bualamphu and Loei, so as to study in the fields of finance, accounts, tourism, international business, economics, computer sciences, information technology, local administration, agricultural industry, fishery, natural resources and environment, law, and sports sciences.
The application form will be available from October 17 – December 24, and application acceptance dates are set for November 1- December 24. Please contact the Academic and Research Support Services Group, Nongkhai Campus. Tel. 042-415600 -11 to 46,610, 46,611 or 042-415699
In addition, for more admission to the study in the special or international programs, this will be open for applicants through the Faculty's departments;
The Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences
For admission to the course curriculum of Sciences, and Associated Medical Sciences departments, the application form will be available from November 22 – January 14. For more information, please contact, Academic Affairs Group, the Faculty of Associated Medical Science, Tel 043-347482, 043-202399 http://ams.kku.ac.th.
Faculty of Pharmacy
1. Special study course for Pharmacy branch
• Group 1 is set for the application process from October 1- 31
• Group 2 is set for the application process from February 15- 29
2. English course study for Pharmacy
• Group 1 is set for the application process from October 1-31
• Group 2 is set for the application process from February 15-29
• Group 3 is set for the application process from February 1-29
More details, please contact the Management Support Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tel .0-4320-2378, 0-4336-2094 http://pharm.kku.ac.th.
Faculty of Science
1. Computer Science branch
2. The field of Information Technology and Communications
3. The field of Geographic Information Science
This application form will be available for the first round from January 1 - March, and the 2nd round from April 2- May.
Please contact the Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science, 3rd Floor, SC .06 Building Tel. 043-362189 – 91 ext. 101-103 http://cs.kku.ac.th or http://184.108.40.206/comsc
Faculty of Veterinary Science
1. General opening
2. Children of livestock farmers
3. Bachelor’s degree graduates
4 Department of Livestock’s personnel group
The application form will be available from 1 December 1 - February 29. Please contact: The Education Service Affairs, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Tel. 043-342693, 043-202404 http://vet.kku.ac.th
Faculty of Engineering
Civil Engineering branch (for Mathayomsueksa Grade 6) and vocational certificates students or diploma equivalent.
The application form will be available from February – May. Please contact the Integrated Student Services Center, 7th Floor of Pianwichit Building, Faculty of Engineering, Tel. 0-43362150, 043-362145 ext. 711 http://esoss.en.kku.ac.th.
Faculty of Education
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (International course).
The application form will be available from March 1 - April 27. Please contact: the Academics Department of the Faculty of Education. Tel. 043-343-452-3 ext. 315 http://ednet.kku.ac.th.
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
The application form will be available and accepted in April. Please contact: the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Tel. 043-202861 www.huso.kku.ac.th.
- KKU drives OTOP towards an international level, solving Isan poverty
- KKU upgrades manpower in community relation work, enhancing university image
- KKU expedites Greenhouse gas Inventory in 33 prototype organizations
- Students’ Division comes up with a new idea, changing students’ look before applying for a job
- 5 designers from Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts win 5 prizes
- มข. สำรวจสถาปัตยกรรม เพื่อส่งเสริมการท่องเที่ยวศิลาโฮมสเตย์-
- งานวิจัยสู่ผลิตภัณฑ์ความงามคณาจารย์เภสัชฯ มข. สู่เวที ASEANbeauty2017-
- KKU welcomes delegates from Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- KKBS เผยผลงานรอบ 1 ปี พร้อมขับเคลื่อนสู่มาตรฐานการการศึกษาสากล-
- นศ.คณะวิทย์ฯ มข. สร้างชื่อในงานประชุมวิชาการ AUCC 2017-
Read more »
Faculty And Organization